Wednesday, April 22, 2009

kellie's quilt

kellie's quilt is finally done! i'm so excited. it turned out really nicely. she watches my kids for me and i quilt for her. it's a nice exchange *smile*.

becuz it was for someone else, i didn't cut as many corners as i do when i'm doing something for myself. and i did some creative stitching, which i was very pleased with. i splurged on bougie thread that you can't really see, but i was very pleased with it cuz it was "holiday" thread in red, green and ivory. my friend kellie's downstairs is all pale green, taupe and red, so this quilt is perfect for her living room.



now i've started working on my king sized quilt. i've got 2 of the 8 panels quilted, and i've got the next 3 pinned. unfortunately i don't have the space to lay everything out and leave it between work sessions, cuz i have 2 "helpers" *smile*. but it's going well. i'm glad i practiced on kellie's quilt so that i know more what i want to do on mine, but there's still some challenges to be overcome. we'll see what happens *smile*

1 comment:

  1. Very, very nice!! I love the colors and the stitching!! The stitching really makes the squares pop!!

    ReplyDelete