Friday, April 24, 2009

3 down, 5 to go...*sigh*

i'm not really sure what possessed me to make a king-sized quilt. i clearly had delusions of greatness, or something. i can neither cut nor sew a straight line to save my life it seems. i mean, i'm having a lot of fun, but it's a lot of work, and almost as expensive as just buying one on sale at jcpenney *smile*. plus i have limited time to work on it, cuz i can't really do too much when the kids are awake.

but i'm pretty proud of myself. i've gotten 3 of the 8 panels done. and they look pretty good, if i do say so myself *smile*. i was gonna sew them together, but i realized that i did #1, #2, and #4 (oops *smile*), so that won't work. oh well. i think it's gonna turn out nicely, though.

this is my favorite block:

it's the last set i did, cuz it's the nicest. it's the straightest and most consistent. i definitly got better as i went on *smile*










this is my least favorite block:
i like the greens, but i didn't want to buy more yellow, so i used what i had.









i'm excited that it's going as well as it is. the quilting is getting better, especially since i discovered that i'd been threading my bobbin backwards *smile*. i thought i had a crappy machine (i really covet my sister's machine *smile*), but in reality, it was me doing it backwards. oops *smile*

and i'm not sure it's going to be warm enough to be a winter quilt, so i'm not sure if i want to add another layer of batting between the sewn together back and the finished back, or just make another quilt for winter *smile*. if i finish this one by the end of next month, i should be able to make another one by Christmas *smile*. hopefully it won't be too cold before then *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment